Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Catching Up

Well I knew I would not be real good about posting a lot so no surprise it has been almost three months since my last post. Life has been moving along pretty normal like....

At work we all had to take a 10% pay cut the beginning of February. They also laid off, or rather, re-configured, in such a way that about 30 other people no longer work there. I can't complain about the pay cut as at least I still have a job.

On the home front, the divorce is almost final. Everything is signed and it's up to the judge now to sign and file the papers. This definitely is not how I wanted things to go and I never imagined I would get a divorce. It's still very surreal and I actually find it difficult to refer to my ex as my ex-husband. I do find that life at home has gotten more peaceful and less stressful without him in the house. The kids are handling it better than I expected. Unfortunately, with the divorce and all, we have to sell the house and we are having to go with a short sale. It is all very tedious and time consuming. The kids are not looking forward to moving out of the house either. I did already get an offer on it though so hopefully that will go through and then I can get my finances straightened out.

The big news recently.....my oldest just got her driver's permit!!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blog!

    That isn't fun to have to take a pay cut - true, you still have a job but you'd think that you've worked hard enough to get to where you are, and then have a bit taken away because of the economy, uggh.

    Divorce sucks, but it's a huge weight off your shoulders and having that peace of mind around the house is, really, priceless.

    Good luck with the sale going through and in surviving your oldest's driving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking about you and hoping for good times to balance out the stress.

    ReplyDelete