Sunday, January 11, 2009

Moving On??

The first full week of the new year is done. It started off nice with my Birthday on Sunday. My daughter made me a cake and all three kids made me cards. I also got a neat gift from Clayton. He took his football picture and my picture from when I played football and put them in a frame. I absolutely loved it.

Work is going well and with the way the economy is I'm just blessed to have a job. A couple of coworkers and I have signed up for our companies weight loss challenge. We had to come up with a team name and we chose "The Corpulent Raiders". We'll see how we do. I could definitely stand to lose some weight and the kids and I need to start eating healthier too.

Chad had picture night for wrestling and then all the young kids were introduced at the beginning of the high school varsity match. It was really neat and Chad got a real kick out of it.

The week ended with me having to go to the state mandated parenting apart class. I think after having gone that the classes are a really good idea. I learned some things that I was doing right and some places I can improve. It was also nice having them go through some of the legal aspects that are involved. A lot of the time it seems a little surreal like I'm not really going through this and I think most of the time I'm just in denial. It isn't that I don't want the divorce necessarily but more that it's hard to move forward after having been married for 15 years. I think in retrospect our marriage was probably over as many as 5 years ago. It just took a long time to acknowledge it and actually end it. Now I need to get my life out of neutral and start taking a little more control of what is going on.

2 comments:

  1. State mandated parenting apart class? I've never heard of that. Intriguing. It's probably an excellent idea. Perhaps it should be done before we have children, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogland!

    Sorry to hear about what you've been going through lately with the divorce and all that - hopefully this place will be cathartic for you and allow you to get yourself into where you want to be in your life.

    ReplyDelete