Saturday, January 3, 2009

Aww...the start of a new year. My life will be going through some changes this year for sure. Some I can imagine and some, I'm sure will be a surprise.

I took Friday off and started the year with a nice, long weekend. The Christmas decorations have been put away and house work caught up (for the briefest of moments.. ) The first change for the year also happened. Since my husband and I separated I've been sleeping upstairs with the kids instead of downstairs in my room. This was partly because the kids wanted me upstairs and partly because I didn't have a bed anymore. This weekend though I moved the trundle bed from my daughters room downstairs into my room and have started sleeping in my own room. Now it finally feels like were moving forward and accepting the change instead of living in the limbo that we've been in.

Yesterday we went to the movie Bedtime Stories and the kids really enjoyed it. I gotta admit, I liked it too. It was a really cute movie even if you knew how it was going to end very early on. Now today we are going to another movie, The Tales of Desperaeux. One movie is for my birthday and the other is for my youngests birthday. We could not go the day of his birthday because of bad weather so I owed him. This is a picture from his birthday party.

2 comments:

  1. We want to see those two movies, too. Little by little, your life will go on, with changes for the better. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are waiting for my 7 yo to finish reading Despereaux before we go see it.. she's "trying" but it isn't going to fast. Maybe if we banned TV for awhile..

    ReplyDelete